7 Social Media Skills you need in 2021 as a Product or Service-Based Entrepreneur:
With the power of social media growing exponentially, the need for these in-demand social media skills has levelled up drastically!
Social media has become the most powerful and easiest tool to create awareness about your brand as well as to reach your target audience in bulk at a single platform.
So, if you own a business or provide a service, you have to master these basic social media skills to ramp up your business.
- Excellent communication skills
“Good communication is the bridge between Confusion and Clarity.”
- You should be a strong communicator so that you can win clients/customers by making them aware of your services, the value you can add to their functioning and why they should choose you for the same.
- This skill also helps you in daily life- being able to converse with people confidently, take part in group discussions, etc.
“You can’t use up Creativity. The more you use, the more you have” ~Maya Angelou
- In order to have an edge over your competitors and stand out in the market, you need to have ideas which are extraordinary and out of the box.
- Implementing unique ideas which others are lacking will reflect well upon your brand and set you apart from your competitors.
3. Writing Skills
Being able to accurately and succinctly convey what you are trying to say is an invaluable skill, especially when your audience is busy and has limited time.
- Words are more powerful than you think they are. Through words you can convey exactly what you want to, about your brand, its mission, vision and values.
- By using the right words, you can cannot just make people think but you can completely transform the way they think and live.
4. Analytical Mindset
“It’s not the plan that is important. it’s the planning” ~ Graeme Edwards
- Being able to analyze your consumer’s preferences and behavior can help you in building a brand that caters best to the needs of both your existing audience as well as attract potential customers/clients.
- A company that keeps its customers as the center of their brand rather than making the brand all about their product builds genuine customers and a community that sticks with them for long.
5. Strategic Thinking
“Without strategy, execution is aimless. Without execution, strategy is aimless.” ~ Morris Chang
- Having a strategy based upon extensive research and analysis of your existing users can do wonders for your business.
- By having a concrete strategy which is solely dedicated and revolves around your brand, you can acquire new users/clients at a much faster rate which can scale up your growth manifold times.
6. Content Curation
“Content is fire, Social Media is gasoline.”
- You should create well-researched and relevant content as per the psychometrics of your audience.
- If your content has a balance of education, entertainment, emotion and empowerment, the engagement it receives will be taken care of!
7. Zeal to Learn
“Prosperity belongs to those who learn new things the fastest” ~Paul Zane Pilzer
- This is the last but the MOST important one!
- The world we live in is constantly evolving and growing and so is social media, at an even faster rate.
- Everyday, a hundred new people enter the market to provide the same product or service you offer.
- If you are not constantly learning and upskilling yourself, no matter how good you are in what you do, someone out there will take over you and win the race.
You don’t want that, do you?
So take this as a sign to devote some time every day to be better than yesterday at what you do!